O’Brien County Beef Project Families:
As you have likely been made aware, the Fair Board has elected to move forward with a single day event this year per species. We are thankful to give our exhibitors this opportunity, as many other counties in the state have chosen to completely cancel their fairs.
The 2020 O’Brien County Fair Beef Show is scheduled for Tuesday, July 21st, 2020.
Please understand that due to the circumstances, no activity for beef projects will be allowed on the fairgrounds until Tuesday, July 21st! Please be courteous of other species and their assigned days. This includes tack delivery, etc.
Communication will be more important this year than ever, so please be sure to let us know about any changes you have had with your cattle since the winter weigh-in.
A list of more detailed information will be communicated to you as the fair gets closer!
Tentative Plan for Tuesday, July 21st:
- Cattle may arrive at the fairgrounds; trailer will follow instructions for unloading in an efficient manner. Details to come.
- Market cattle will be weighed from 6AM – 8AM.
- The 2020 Beef Show will plan to tentatively start at 9AM.
- The wash rack will be open, but we are strongly encouraging you to wash at home before trailering to the fairgrounds.
- Market cattle will not be ultra-sounded due to time constraints.
- Stalls will not be assigned by the beef committee, but instead we will assign “club areas” per barn. Many will choose not to stall in the barns, but please be cognizant of younger 4-H’ers who might like to stall in the barns.
- Due to the uniqueness of this years show, bedding will not be provided. Please make arrangements to bring your own bedding if necessary.
- The Fair Board voted to require health papers for all cattle exhibited at the fair this year, per the recommendation by the State Veterinarian’s office. These papers must be done within 21 days of the show.
- Tentative Show Order:
- Breeding Heifers
- Cow/Calf Pairs
- Feeder Calves
- Market Heifers
- Market Steers
- Pen Cattle
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try to do the best, we can to follow government regulations, while still providing a great beef show experience for our 4-H’ers! We will do our best to keep you posted regarding any changes or updates we might have. Plan to see more communication form the beef committee in a few weeks as fair-time quickly approaches.
The O’Brien County Fair Beef Committee